• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Digestive enzymes and food intolerances

Moof

I've only used lactase, but found it very useful. After a few months on it, my lactose intolerance seems to have resolved, too.

wonderoushope

Maybe, but I found when I was at my worse I couldn't tolerate any supplements. I went on the RPAH elimination diet and I could only have a small selection of meds. For example, I had to have a specific brand of panadol and had to take the capsule coverings off. This was the instruction by the dietician and in the actual book that I had to follow. I also could only have certain moisturisers and cleaning agents recommended by them.

For example, I thought I could get away with a vit d in oil format with orange oil, big mistake. It took me days to recover from nausea.

Now my gut is on track, I can handle more supplements.