The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Different forms of magnesium, how to choose?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by alice111, Aug 17, 2015.

1. alice111

alice111 Senior Member

Canada
    Hi guys, wonder if you could help me out with choosing a form of magnesium. I have been taking citrate capsules, and chloride as transdermal.

I would like to get a powder so I don't have to swallow so many capsules, and can just drink it thorough out the day.

The options in powder seem to be citrate and oxide. I don't really understand the differences... How does oxide compare? Also I have read that malate can be helpful for fatigue and pain, but not sure how true this is?

Thanks!

2. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Magnesium citrate/malate is usually recommended. I have heard that magnesium oxide is not easily absorbable.

3. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I like Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Malate......together they helped my muscle pains and strains........I don't have to take it as much anymore due to the improvement. They both can be purchased as powders. A friend of mine loves Jarrow's Magmind which is Magnesium Threonate.........she says it helps her anxiety.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Magnesium threonate was like speed when I took it. Horrible.

Glycinate is good because it doesn't cause diarhea

5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I use malate, but haven't found powder.

See more popular forum discussions.