• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Did anyone use CellTrend to make a treatmet decision on Rituxan & did insurance pay?

jaybee00

Hi,

Any other updates or thoughts about using CellTrend results to guide treatment? Is Dr. J Edwards still negative or unconvinced about the utility of the CellTrend test? The only thing I saw from the 2016 paper was that people with very high antibody levels did not respond to rituximab.

Thanks

Hi,

Any other updates or thoughts about using CellTrend results to guide treatment? Is Dr. J Edwards still negative or unconvinced about the utility of the CellTrend test? The only thing I saw from the 2016 paper was that people with very high antibody levels did not respond to rituximab.

Thanks

I had positive cell trend results along with other immune abnormalities. I am on IVIG for 2 months now. It is helping me but I am still very ill. I have been sick with this over 8 years so I think my recovery will be slow and possibly not complete. However, I am hopeful I will get back to my previous level of health eventually.

Gingergrrl

I had positive cell trend results along with other immune abnormalities. I am on IVIG for 2 months now.

Are you doing high dose IVIG for autoimmunity? I started with a low dose dose, moved to a moderate dose, and then finally to high dose. Does your doctor still feel it could be effective for you?

Are you doing high dose IVIG for autoimmunity? I started with a low dose dose, moved to a moderate dose, and then finally to high dose. Does your doctor still feel it could be effective for you?

Hi, yes I am doing it for autoimmunity. I get it weekly though @ .4g per kg. I tried doing loading doses monthly but it was too hard on me. Weekly was suggested by a neurologist I saw at Mayo clinic. Its much more tolerable for me and its working. Though its slow progress. Yes almost all doctors I have seen within the last year think its my best shot at improving.