• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diatomaceous Earth & Bone Strength Connection‏

Wayne

This Diatomaceous Earth website has some of the best and most comprehensive information I've been able to find in one place. I think the following snippet is good info for anybody concerned about bone loss as they age. A nice benefit of DE in addition to addressing parasites.

Bone Strength
A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. The benefits of silica are many. In today’s grains, there is actually a shortage of silica.Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today’s hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. DE is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.

Silica is the absolute most important nutrient for bone strength. Silica not only aids with calcium absorption, but it is also essential for the collagen matrix that gives the bones the majority of their strength. In addition the piezoelectric effect of silica is what allows mineralization of the collagen matrix. In other words, without sufficient silica all of the calcium, magnesium, phosphorus….. will not do anything for the bones. Silica can help prevent visual problems from aging due to loss of flexibility of the lens of the eye. It is great for tendonitis and other similar problems due to the strengthening and anti-inflammatory properties of silica. Silica also links together glucosamine molecules to form chondroitin molecules for the production of cartilage. these are a few of the beneficial properties of silica.

@xchocoholic, you might find the references to tendonitis and cartilage to be of interest given your recent experience with Levaquin.

Last edited: