• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

detoxification symptoms duration

zzz0r

I have been wondering the last few days how long could detox symptoms last. I want to hear for people that have gone through successful detox protocols and had significant improvements in their health (so they did because it was "proven" ,as much as it can be, that needed to go through detox) their experiences and how long did their detox symptoms lasted.

I have been supplementing with high dosage vitamin c and the last 7 days or more I have been pushing through heavy detox symptoms with the most annoying symptom being intense coughing

ahmo

@zzz0r, as you know, I've had this experience. I documented the climax of my detox experience in the High Methylfolate thread.

Since then I've found that I need to continue to help my inadequate detox pathways. I'm averaging twice weekly coffee enemas for this. I definitely feel my adrenals suffer when I don't help detox along.

A week ago I had a crown removed and some drilling in tooth. I was always cautious w/ my detox, never included cilantro, since I couldn't know whether there was amalgam beneath my crowns. I didn't have an immediate reaction, but once I increased my thyroid rx a few days later, my body was clearly suffering, very significant adrenal signs on my face, zero physical energy. It took several days coffee enemas plus adding in metal-attracting things I hadn't used for months to clear this. As always, I added these extras (colloidal silver, fulvic/humic clay) by self-testing.

Your intense coughing might be histamine release. I often need to increase my anti-histamine and anti-ammonia supps w/ detox. Don't forget things like chlorella and clay to bid the toxins.

Also, very interesting paper Cosigned by Mercola and Klinghardt, published 2001, lays out mercury detox and elements involved. http://www.mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm

Last edited:

zzz0r

As I have researched the coughing symptoms it seems that this is a away that my body is excerting toxins beside other ways such as skin (oily skin, acne)