• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detox adenocobalamin question

Kathevans

@caledonia Yes, I have your document downloaded, but what I recall is the pills. I'll have to revisit it and look over the liquids. I do recall Johnmac discussing his own titration via Freddd for LCF, starting with the 98, or was it 99?! drops of water to 1 of the LCF.

@ahmo I did take xifaxan for sibo a couple of years ago, but ended up wondering if it had done anything at all. After the antibiotics I want straight for the probiotics and sauerkraut and that's part of my diet still. But what really knocked me for a loop was what in retrospect was probably a methyl-trap or block of some sort where my ratio of Folate to MeB12 was totally wrong--all because of a B-Complex vitamin. Now when I approach the wrong ratio, I really begin to feel it. that happened this week when I transitioned to the Country Life MeB12. The absorption must be lower than the Enzymatic because by last night I had a headache and very tight face. What helped--no surprise--was popping an Enzymatic at night. Twice. But despite some relief, it was not a great night. A great night for learning, maybe, and reinforcing what symptoms mean in my body.

I know both of you rely on self-testing and I haven't reached a point where I trust it.

Well, a good night's sleep would go a long way...

ahmo

Something to look forward to: Once I'd gotten up in my B12 dosing, my insomnia, which had become chronic and debilitating, resolved. I find it miraculous every night that sleep is easy. And that I can even return to sleep after waking pre-dawn, something that I was never able to do before.

Here's to progress:thumbsup:
mini-graphics-cheerleader-620641.gif
mini-graphics-cheerleader-013377.gif
:hug:

caledonia

@caledonia Yes, I have your document downloaded, but what I recall is the pills. I'll have to revisit it and look over the liquids. I do recall Johnmac discussing his own titration via Freddd for LCF, starting with the 98, or was it 99?! drops of water to 1 of the LCF.

@ahmo I did take xifaxan for sibo a couple of years ago, but ended up wondering if it had done anything at all. After the antibiotics I want straight for the probiotics and sauerkraut and that's part of my diet still. But what really knocked me for a loop was what in retrospect was probably a methyl-trap or block of some sort where my ratio of Folate to MeB12 was totally wrong--all because of a B-Complex vitamin. Now when I approach the wrong ratio, I really begin to feel it. that happened this week when I transitioned to the Country Life MeB12. The absorption must be lower than the Enzymatic because by last night I had a headache and very tight face. What helped--no surprise--was popping an Enzymatic at night. Twice. But despite some relief, it was not a great night. A great night for learning, maybe, and reinforcing what symptoms mean in my body.

I know both of you rely on self-testing and I haven't reached a point where I trust it.

You have to compute each substance separately depending on what the starting amount is and where you want to end up.

For the LCF you mentioned, technically it would be 99 drops of water (the other drop of water contains LCF). But you can use 100 drops of water if you want - it's close enough, and easier to remember. (One of my B12's is the same measurement.)

Kathevans

Once I'd gotten up in my B12 dosing, my insomnia, which had become chronic and debilitating, resolved. I find it miraculous every night that sleep is easy. And that I can even return to sleep after waking pre-dawn, something that I was never able to do before.

Thanks for the cheering section!

You have to compute each substance separately depending on what the starting amount is and where you want to end up.

I'm going to approach the AdoB12 again tomorrow or next week. After I catch my breath...

Thanks!