• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Desperately need help

caledonia

This is the one to get, although the similar one with SigA would also be ok. SigA is in the gut - if your cortisol is messed up, your SigA will be too. Save yourself 20 £ and get this one without SigA:

Adrenal Stress Profile (ASI): Cortisol/DHEA
Specimen requirements:Saliva
Cost: £79.00
Order Code: END01
Turn around time: 7–10 days
This saliva test can detect imbalances in the daily circadian secretions of the stress hormones cortisol and
DHEA. Imbalances in these hormones can indicate an inappropriate response that can negatively impact
energy levels, emotions, and many other health complaints. These include anxiety, chronic inflammatory
conditions, allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, insomnia, depression, migraines, headaches, recurrent
infections, menstrual difficulties and infertility

slysaint

I've had ME for 14 years, sleep(lack of) and feeling wired and temperature disregulation have always been problems. For the last year I've been going through horrendous topical steroid withdrawal(TSW). Alot of the symptoms overlap with ME and consequently made these particular symptoms the worst I've ever had them plus acute anxiety.
I have been completely drug free for a year and have tried to find natural alternatives mostly diet based and some supplements. I drank redbush tea in lieu of tea and coffee, also plenty of water with a bit of fresh lemon(yes I know, I'd avoided citrus for years) also included foods that promote melatonin production. Epsom salts in my bath for magnesium etc.
If you're interested in getting a different perspective take a look at itsan.