• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Depression

kerrilyn

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, but another area to look into is light therapy (using a light box). I think S.A.D can be another condition we can have and not realize it. I've noticed light therapy was helped pull me out of pits of despair sometimes. Hope you feel better soon.

I guess everyone has their own philosophies and personal narratives to try to explain how and why things happen the way they do. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from believing whatever they find helpful. But for me personally, it's not helpful to look for some underlying intent or meaning in events that I consider to be just the way things happened. I don't think there's an underlying reason why some of us are sick, or why some people are swept away by natural disasters while others survive. My own task, as I see it, is to try to deal with the hand I'm dealt and to figure out what I can do to keep on going forward.