• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dental anesthesia or bonding agent?

rel8ted

I had a small filling yesterday. My dentist used a non-epinephrine local. It's me second visit with him, but I really like him - some friends use him & I had the opportunity to meet him prior to my first visit. This honestly was the first time I can ever remember being numb and not feeling anything, including the injection. He said the slower the injection, the less the patient feels it, and I thought I was going to fall asleep the injection took so long. I was pleased about being numb and hopeful that there was something effective if I ever need another filling.:D

Fast forward to trying to get out of the chair...I almost didn't make it due to a combo of stiffness and feeling like I couldn't stay upright. I have been know to hit the floor after an injection a few times, but not in a couple decades. My hands did not want to work with the brain, so I could hardly write the check - had to have the clerk double check everything for me bc my hub decided I would be fine and was in the vehicle with the radio. He did come dashing to help me when I finally made it out the door. When the local started to wear off, I started getting an odd sensation of pressure under my eye on the same side, and had to nap as soon as we got home. This morning I woke with a headache and touched my temple only to find it hot, throbbing, and tender.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It did occur to me that it could have been the bonding agent from having my retainer rebonded on one side.

Dx ME, CFS, Fibro, hypermobility Also doc wanted to do tilt table bc suspect POTS, but I was not up to spending anymore time or money in the office at my last visit.