• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

defreitas video then judy M interesting comparison

toddm1960

:Sign Good Job: It's crazy to see Elaine had studies that proved her retrovirus go unpublished.........that could never happen today. We need to demand Judy's unpublished work be released, let science do it's job. I'd also like to see all of Elaine's work be released now also. Damn here I go over the cover up cliff again.......:D

ixchelkali

Interesting to see the old and new news videos juxtaposed like that. Also interesting hearing Dr Komaroff discussing known immunological and neurological signs 30 years ago, yet the "authorities" like the CDC and NHS keep repeating the canard that there are no objective signs. They also keep repeating that there is no test for ME/CFS, when the truth is that there is no SINGLE test. There are medical tests which, taken together, form a distinctive pattern that could be diagnostic, but the CDC tells doctors not to run those tests. The CDC also publicly laments (crocodile tears) the lack of biological markers, yet each time a biological marker is found, they completely ignore it and fail to fund replication studies (of course, if such studies used the CDC's phony "empirical" case definition, they would be worthless anyway). They didn't even follow up on their own much-ballyhooed genetic studies, which at the time they said were the first biological markers found. Now they're back to the "no biological markers" cant.

Oh, wait... you all know this. :Retro redface: Stepping down off my soapbox, here...

frenchtulip

I, too, would love to see her work published. And wouldn't it be great if we could honor her in some way for her early research work in ME/CFS! She was a pioneer!