• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

declaration-of-prion-as-a-pest-under-fifra

lansbergen

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/02/28/2013-04613/declaration-of-prion-as-a-pest-under-fifra-

Declaration of Prion as a Pest Under FIFRA

A Rule by the Environmental Protection Agency on 02/28/2013

Publication Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013

Agency: Environmental Protection Agency

Dates: This final rule is effective April 29, 2013.

Effective Date: 04/29/2013
Entry Type: Rule
Action: Final rule.
Document Citation: 78 FR 13501
Page: 13501 -13507 (7 pages)

Summary

With this final rule EPA declares a prion (i.e., proteinaceous infectious particle) to be a “pest” under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and amends the regulations to expressly include prion within the regulatory definition of pest. This final rule also amends existing pesticide product performance data requirements to clarify that efficacy data are required for pesticide products with prion-related claims. In addition, EPA is announcing the availability of final test guidelines on generating the product performance data for prion-related pesticide products.

lansbergen

Seems to me they are taking it serieus now.

Prions stay infectieus in soil for decades.

US has a CWD problem.

I guess there are now possibilities ( or claimed ones) to clean the environment.