• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Deaths of transplant patients with mold infections confound medical center

Ecoclimber

Deaths of transplant patients with mold infections confound medical center

(CNN)Three transplant patients have died at a Pittsburgh medical center after contracting a fungal infection, and officials have struggled to find the source of the mold. An intensive care unit has been temporarily closed during the hunt.

But it isn't some kind of killer mold. It's a household kind -- plain old indoor mold.More:

Update: For the mold warriors, the key operative word is severely immunocompromised patients and those patients that have a genetic predisposition to mold and fungi pathogens.

Last edited:

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Crazy. Does anybody know what drug cocktail one usually gets after an organ transplant?

Gingergrrl

I am also wondering after reading the article what anti fungal drug they gave the rest of the patients as a prophylactic to prevent the mold infection? Did it say and I missed it?