• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dealing with side effects of Methylation - What seems to work for me.

For all the people over here who have problems taking B Vitamins, I guess I found a solution to overcome some some "negative" symptoms associated taking them. I know there are lots of people who have problems taking Methyl B's here so I am just suggesting people to try what I do. Remember - what works for one might not work for another. However I hope this would help a lot to some of of you. Having the some weird side effects similar to mine.

I have GREAT help from B's and only the side effects create problem for me. In my test, in these few days, I guess I found the fix (at least for now) for the negative symptoms I do have.

Yes - the solution I tried is Haloperidol drops. Normal it is given only to psychotic people. However, the drop form (you drop to a water 1 drop = that is 100 Mcg) is for non-serious issues. So if you are not taking antipsychotics unlike me, you can still use it. In example, 4-5 drops can be used for anger management effectively for some people easily who have no other problems.

One drop (100 Mcg) is relatively very small compared to 5 mg and up to 30 Mg Haloperidol tablets (that is approximately 300 times higher) so there would be no harm trying this for people. I normally tell people to refrain from antipsychotics, because there is the "dopamine supersensitivity" issue which can make "normal" people psychotic. But the dosage is very low and there is no harm trying a few drops. But newer go as high as MG's (more than Mcg's), my suggestion, if you do not have serious issues.

What I experienced was this: With methylation I was hypomanic (be it from also even the the already liver stored Methylcobalamin in the blood). This week I started with 4 drops, and I was dizzy and tired, very opposite of hypomania. But very tired. Seems to work. Tried only 3 drops (300 Mcg) later, then again, because I take it in the morning I was so tired through out the day, but in the night time after I guess due to some half life of Haloperidol went away, the hypomania started to appear. But not in a that much disturbing level. I take it in the morning because it seems to make insomnia. Then the next day, when I take the next drop the hypomania went away. Now I am trying 1 drops and there is no disturbing hypomania or some kind of anger. I will increase the drops while I decrease the other meds I take. This seems to be highly effective for me in respect to the side effects of methylation. Even one drop seems to do some good job.

As people here might have same structures, giving same weird response to Active B's I thought this might help other people. But may be will help to no one. Trying would not hurt.

Normally I do not post to forums other that asking questions, for various reasons. But this small tiny information might help some people over here. So would not keep myself from posting this, because we are struggling from similar things.

If this does not work for you do NOT increase the dosage to very higher doses, if so just know what you are doing. A few drops would be harmless. My first days are symptom free. I hope this helps some of you. Or someone finding here by a search engine.

Interesting post detharlwy

I'm glad you've found something that works for you. Hopefully you can get on with taking the B12 and soon the side effects will lessen for you and you will be able to take it all by itself!

How much Methyl B12 are you taking now?

Cobain. There is really high level of B12 in my blood from a recent intake and this is always enough for me to have side effects and positive effects. Other than what B I take, I can not explain for various reasons.