• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project

Hip

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project

All very well, but in the horror movies, the plot often revolves around the problem trying to return the animated undead to their properly deceased state...

Last edited:

barbc56

Wouldn't we, the cfsmeers, be more like a vampire? Awake all night, asleep all day with the curtains closed because of light sensitivity.

Maybe, but Ithink I like the other analogy better. At least we can see our reflections in the mirror. I think. Maybe I should go check.

Hip

Wouldn't we, the cfsmeers, be more like a vampire? Awake all night, asleep all day with the curtains closed because of light sensitivity.

Well, this being a scientific forum, we will have to defer to authoritative sources. The Wikipedia article on the undead (which I am sure must be highly accurate and backup by empirical evidence) states that:
The undead may be incorporeal like ghosts, or corporeal like vampires and zombies.

So yes, with their nocturnal and light-phobic natures, ME/CFS patients could well be classified as vampires, a species of the undead.

This would make the blood lust of vampires simply the desire to replenish the low blood volume known to exist in ME/CFS. You see, vampires are always given a bad name, but these poor misunderstood creatures are simply trying to deal with hypovolemia!

But if assume we ME/CFS patients are in fact the undead, that of course presents quite a bit of a challenge in terms of medical research and treatment. In particular, in clinical trials of treatments for the undead, it's always hard to figure out who you should use as the healthy controls.

Last edited:

JaimeS

barbc56

It is for this quality programming that I come to PR.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You expected less? We're ready for Prime Time, baby!*

Laughter is the best medicine!

Edit, the ptb phrase wasn't aimed at you nor antiwoman. It's an expression and includes men and women when saying baby at least in this context.

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Dr Ira Pastor, the CEO of Bioquark Inc. said: “This represents the first trial of its kind and another step towards the eventual reversal of death in our lifetime.

I think I've just spotted the trick - if your death is reversed in your lifetime, then surely you weren't really ...