• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DEA Officially Backtracks On Move To Ban Kratom

zzz

The DEA is now going to open an official comment period, set to run through December 1st.

From the article on the Huffington Post:
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration appeared to concede Wednesday that it had been too hasty in attempting to ram through a controversial ban on the herbal supplement kratom.

In a notice set to be published in the Federal Register, the DEA said it has formally withdrawn an August announcement that initially outlined plans to place mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, two active compounds in kratom, in Schedule I. Schedule I drugs include heroin and LSD and are considered to have no known medical benefit and a high potential for abuse.

Citing widespread backlash from kratom users, advocates and other stakeholders, the DEA says it will open an official comment period, set to end on Dec. 1. It is also asking the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a formal scientific and medical evaluation of the herb, which will be used to make an updated scheduling recommendation.

You can read the full story here.