• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DCA(Dichloroacetate)

Overstressed

Hi,

the first time I got to know DCA was when I was looking for a possible treatment for my father, who suffered from cancer. Today, I went back looking for DCA, because DCA originally has been used to treat people with metabolic disorders.

This is the link, and I think many of you already know:

http://www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/2007-03-15_Update.cfm

It also says it has been used for decades to treat children with inborn errors of metabolism, due to mitochondrial disease. It has also been used to successfully treat mantle-cell lymphoma, it seems.

Is it too simple to say this may be a treatment for us too ?

OS.

lizw118

I wanted to resurrect this thread bc I just bought some of this online and wanted to try it. It's powder.I can't see Rich's initial post. Does anyone know much about DCA? I am taking it because tests have shown that I have D Lactic acidosis.

Hip

NOTE: info about the neuropathy side effect of DCA, and how to try to prevent it, is detailed in this post.