• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day Seven on LDN

Stretched

I had not heard about Amisulpride previously.

@Stretched do you take a low dose of Amisulpride? If so what dose? Any issues with EPS (Extrapyramidal side effects)? Wiki says around 10% get some EPS but I assume that's with the usual dose.

I take 12.5 mg to 25 mg daily of Amisulpride. It is definitely a help with anhedonia, depression and malaise. Remember, it's not licensed in USA but there is plenty of info
on it, technical and anecdotal (see threads in here, esp @Hip). I'm tempted to increase it more but am wary of reversing affect.

Amisulpride is independent and not related (by protocol) to Naltrexone. I simply don't know if LDN affects a good thing (for me; cross checker not much help), so I stopped LDN, really the unknown. Recall, LDN was one of Dr. Jay Goldstein'd 13 trial drugs, used on a hit or miss basis in the 1980's. Most did not get the desired affect from it, but hey, it's worth the chance (as is just about any non-detrimental substance, including rock soup, sand cakes, et al,~)

BTW

I hope you will post more with time, positive or negative.... . I recently took LDN and nada - if anything, maybe sleep a little better. No nausea nor other
affects. I stopped after 4 weeks for concern it might interfere with Amisulpride, which does give me positive results.:confused:
Hi there, yes will post updates as/when anything positive or negative (or nothing at all) happens. I've read that for some people the benefits don't kick in until even after a month - at two or three or more months. And of course it does not help others at all.

I take 12.5 mg to 25 mg daily of Amisulpride. It is definitely a help with anhedonia, depression and malaise. Remember, it's not licensed in USA but there is plenty of info
on it, technical and anecdotal (see threads in here, esp @Hip). I'm tempted to increase it more but am wary of reversing affect.

Amisulpride is independent and not related (by protocol) to Naltrexone. I simply don't know if LDN affects a good thing (for me; cross checker not much help), so I stopped LDN, really the unknown. Recall, LDN was one of Dr. Jay Goldstein'd 13 trial drugs, used on a hit or miss basis in the 1980's. Most did not get the desired affect from it, but hey, it's worth the chance (as is just about any non-detrimental substance, including rock soup, sand cakes, et al,~)

BTW
Good luck with the Amisulpride. Re the LDN, Jared Younger (think thats the right sp?) seems optimistic about it as a treatment for FM. Trials happening now. Talk of trials in future for ME/CFS. But, again, seems to be yet another thing that helps some but not others with this disease.

flitza

This site contains a list of potential side effects with possible reasons. It's aimed at people with MS but I expect most of it applies to anyone taking LDN.

Keep in mind that you may be reacting to a filler instead of the LDN itself.

A few extracts related to what you've noticed:

A note about dose, time, avoiding taking with food:
I'm still not sure if LDN has to be taken on an empty stomach. Lots of anecdotes both ways. And I just read this:https://www.ldnscience.org/patients/qa/taking-ldn-and-other-substances-treatments . It is one of the FAQ's. Their conclusion is that food is irrelevant.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I'm still not sure if LDN has to be taken on an empty stomach. Lots of anecdotes both ways. And I just read this:https://www.ldnscience.org/patients/qa/taking-ldn-and-other-substances-treatments . It is one of the FAQ's. Their conclusion is that food is irrelevant.

I take it on an empty stomach. The only way to be sure what works for you would be to try it with food for a couple of weeks, then without food for the same amount of time and see if you notice any difference.

I take it on an empty stomach. The only way to be sure what works for you would be to try it with food for a couple of weeks, then without food for the same amount of time and see if you notice any difference.

i find it to be a very forgiving medication with respect to missing doses and taking at different times of the night. i don't think taking it with food really matters - it will get absorbed quick enough - and that's the real issue: it just needs to get absorbed in a reasonable period of time so that it can cause the 2-3 hour opiate receptor blockade that makes the body react with an over-production of endorphin (among responders). from my take on the available sources, i don't think there is much you could to impede its absorbtion short of taking a ton of calcium carbonate or some kind of stomach coating medication at the same time.

and i would add again that LDN is the most effective of all the many medications and supplements that i have taken to help with CFS. well, benzos work pretty well too, but i'm terrified of getting addicted to them and i have found that taking them too often causes depression. i turn to clonazepam much less often since starting LDN.

now, LDN does not stop the disease (for me) but it does make things much more bearable and lessen symptom severity. your mileage may vary but i find it to be very much worthwhile and i would recommend a trial of it to anyone with ME/CFS/FM.

btw, @Stretched - i have some Amisulpride en-route from india and should be able to start testing it in combination with LDN in about a week or so. i will report back on how it goes...

Well, I had to stop the LDN entirely. First of all, I strained my Gracilis muscle, and was in excruciating pain. I was able to benefit from painkiller because of the extremely low dose of LDN I was on. As a rule, I try not to take painkillers more than two days in a row, because they disrupt so much else for me; downed mood, digestion issues, etc. But when I resumed the LDN at a slightly higher dose I began to see an increase in my diastolic pressure. So I've stopped it entirely.

On top of that, I have my yearly oral Herpes outbreak and this is the worst one yet! for a week I have felt crushingly ill, and for once my below temperature was actually normal for awhile. My doc prescribed the usual antiviral medicine, and for the first time I have had adverse affects from it. So after only one day on it, I have had to stop it. Here I sit with an excruciating sore on my bottom lip and no relief in sight. I know that it will pass eventually but I always was able to take antivirals with no problem whatsoever.

Does anyone know of a natural remedy for cold sores?
Put salt in gasoline petroleum jelly and apply. Viruses do not like salt.

Stretched

In checking my supplements references I came up with Zinc, probiotics and Lysine as home remedies for
herpes. You might want to consider remedial doses, e.g. multiples of standard doses.

Last edited:

belize44

This thread was started three years ago! But thanks for the suggestions, since the Herpes is an ongoing thing.

Stretched

Ha, you’re right! I didn’t pay attention to the details, wherein the devil lies. I guess that happens sometimes.
Content is still okay in case someone else looks on. ;)

Last edited: