• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

Dolphin

Lots of appeals have already been written on social media e.g. Twitter, Facebook, etc. As long as the wording was not over the top, I doubt an email to groups requesting they consider donating to the appeal and/or circulating the appeal to their contacts would cause many problems.
Just as a bit of background: I have highlighted it in over 150 (maybe 200 now?) messages if one includes when I forwarded my messages mentioning the appeal to various Facebook groups. But I am a member of our very few Facebook groups run by specific ME local groups/charities so they would not have seen it.

RogerBlack

And it's now broken two thirds! (68%)
40502, of 60K
Donations from the large to the small.

Even if it slows down a lot before June 30, I know some of us would be willing to help again to push it over the edge, and every donation makes it easier.

Last edited:

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
I'm sure many of us would donate again in a month or two.

nwkfaq.png

Last edited:

Sean

I've got one more payday before then but I seriously doubt my small donations will be doing much pushing it over the edge.
My donation is also small in comparison to the total. But if enough of us do it,... Ka-ching! :moneybag:

We are already about 70% of the way there, with nearly 3 weeks left to go.

Looking good to me. :thumbsup:

Only problem with this fundraiser is the short time frame, not the modest quantity of funds needed.

Jo Best

David stopped by my place and we shot a short video - see here :

David really needs our help on this, because it sounds like his part time work in Berkeley is drying up.

Anyway, give it a watch and anything you can do to help spread the word around, I know David would really appreciate it.
Brilliant, only just seen this and shared as catching up.

Jo Best

Hilary

"I would never have known before I started this how many lives have been ruined by this illness. It’s hard to pick out one story. They all break my heart. That’s why I’ve kept doing this. Each person’s story is worse than the last one. I don’t know how so many people can be so sick and just left to fend for themselves..."

I know we know this already but I do find David Tuller's empathy and the very straightforward manner in which he expresses it very moving. Will donate again before the end of the month - every little bit helps.

Jo Best

More on the impact of David Tuller's work in the field of public health journalism. This interview by a BBC journalist of a group of scientists, doctors, and parent/advocates, attending the Invest in ME Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium, took place earlier in the day of David Tuller's pre-conference evening dinner presentation and David was interviewed at the Invest in ME Conference the next day...

Jo Best

BurnA

Made my small donation...wish I could do more. David's writing has been a brilliant beam of hope as I despaired about the poor nonsensical research and watched the burgeoning high quality research developing elsewhere.

That's so important to remember, before David Tuller came along how much would we have paid someone to write what he did? Probably everything we could afford.

It's about 18 months or so now since David's first Trial by Error series and people may be forgetting just how important those articles were. Those articles paved the way for a lot of the more recent stuff, we are lucky that PACE is now being critiqued in wider circles, but a lot of that is down to David Tuller.