• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Vote To Help Waterloo Wellington ME Assoc. Win $2,000!

*GG*

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I’ve done a little looking into the Waterloo Wellington Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association. Unfortunately there is not much on the Karma website.

Ken Nightengale, their Karma ambassador recovered from “ME/CFS” by having his gall bladder removed, doing various cleanses, and changing his diet.

The WWMEA website is mostly links to already existing information. I did not have time to read their links for Coping Strategies, so don’t know if CBT/GET are in there. The Therapies & Treatments page has links for:
Dr. Teitelbaum
Dr. Jay Godstein
Dr. Cheney
The CDC
Dr. Michael Midgley
Some links on mercury dental amalgams
Some links on environmental factors

The services they provide are:
Self help group
telephone support to members
public education
lending library for members

Their description of ME includes:
Invisible chronic illness
Most sufferers are so ill that they are house-bound.
Cause: No one knows. It usually starts with an infection.

"Is There A Cure for M.E.?

• Not really.
  • The universal remedy is REST, and lots of it.
  • Symptoms may be treatable, but the illness as a whole is not treatable.
  • M.E. sufferers must learn what there limits are, and try to live as comfortably as possible within these limits. Unfortunately, for many M.E. sufferers, their limits are so severe that it's impossible for them to live comfortably.
  • Useful treatments may include:
  • Dietary modifications.
  • Parasite Cleanse.
  • Colon/Liver/Kidney Cleanse & Detoxicification.
  • Lifestyle modifications.
  • Identifying and eliminating allergies, sensitivities or intolerances to foods and chemicals.
  • Prescription medications.
  • Non-prescription remedies.
  • Massage therapy.
  • Meditation or relaxation exercises."
I wish I knew what they would do with the money if they won. Maybe they will update their website. All of those doctors have been around for a while. The newer, more cutting edge ones are missing.

Overall, I think they pass the "smell test" and am going to be voting for them.