• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Mail Today: ME patients might be genuinely ill after all.

Countrygirl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5058807/People-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-exhausted.html

People with chronic fatigue syndrome ARE exhausted, claim researchers: Sufferers have 'less energy in their cells'
  • The Newcastle University study has shed light on the truth behind the condition
  • CFS has prompted uproar among the medical community in recent decades
  • Skeptics dismiss the extreme tiredness and mental lethargy as psychological
  • However, angry patients and campaigners are adamant it's triggered by a virus
  • The new findings back up claims that it is a biological problem and not made up
  • The scientists discovered that blood cells in CFS sufferers are drained of energy
By Stephen Matthews For Mailonline

PUBLISHED: 17:33, 7 November 2017 | UPDATED: 18:03, 7 November 201

Blood cells in chronic fatigue syndrome patients are drained of energy, researchers have discovered.

The study has shed new light on the truth behind the condition, which has prompted uproar among the medical community in recent years.

Skeptics dismiss the extreme tiredness and mental lethargy as merely psychological, but angry patients are adamant it's triggered by a virus.

The new findings, made by Newcastle University researchers, back up claims that it is a biological problem and not made up in the head.

Scientists hope the findings will allow for the root cause of CFS to be found, and for doctors to move away from treatments that involve psychologists.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...fatigue-syndrome-exhausted.html#ixzz4xq3iqy8M
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You beat me to it, saw the article yesterday and was just going to post. Lucky I searched the forums to double-check first. I wonder how this lack of energy to cells ties in with mitochondrial dysfunction. According to 23andme I have some of the danger mutations (although not the very worst ones/full combination) for MTHFR and there seems to be a linkage with all the "Ms", mitochondrial issues, mast cell issues, MTHFR and methylation issues (I seem to have almost all of these according to my genes).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5058807/People-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-exhausted.html
  • CFS has prompted uproar among the medical community in recent decades
  • Skeptics dismiss the extreme tiredness and mental lethargy as psychological
  • However, angry patients and campaigners are adamant it's triggered by a virus
  • The new findings back up claims that it is a biological problem and not made up
Hahaha! Original narrative they’ve gone for there!... It’s almost like a parody of themselves. Anyway, thanks for that DM, I guess.

Last edited:

Londinium

Hahaha! Original narrative they’ve gone for there!... It’s almost like a parody of themselves. Anyway, thanks for that DM, I guess.

Pains me to say it, but this is still light years ahead of the Guardian. Which has chosen to continue its policy of ignoring any ME story that doesn’t support its earlier reporting of deranged psychopaths claiming to be tired.