• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Express: Feeling Tired All The Time? It Could Be.............28th June 2017

Countrygirl

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/821415/feeling-tired-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-symptoms

I debated whether this was worth its own thread, but it is here now for thr record.

The Daily Express presents its readers with its educated :p:D views on ME and how to treat it assisted by GET proponents.

Also known as CFS - or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) - it’s a long-term and highly-debilitating condition that’s characterised by extreme tiredness.

According to the NHS it can affect anyone, including children, but it’s most common in women who tend to develop it between their mid-20s and mid-40s.

The illness has a long history of controversy with some believing it is merely psychological - indeed, most GPs receive no training in CFS/ ME at all.

In the UK there are 250,000 people affected, but many people remain undiagnosed due to the lack of knowledge and attention given to the condition.

A new study by Queen Mary University of London has suggested that increasing exercise each day can help ease symptoms.

A new study by Queen Mary University of London has suggested that increasing exercise each day can help ease symptoms.

Although, the NHS do warn that over-exercising can make them worse.

Additionally, a mental health problem - like stress, depression or emotional trauma - can be a trigger, as might genetics, since it tends to run in some families.

According to the NHS, current treatment options include cognitive behavioural therapy, graded exercise therapy and medication to control pain, nausea and sleeping problems.

However, functional medicine - a form of alternative medicine where the underlying causes of a disease are addressed using methods such as improved nutrition - is increasingly being used to help it.

Many people find they get better over time, however a number of people don’t ever fully recover.

Prolonged periods of not being able to carry out everyday activities can have a negative effect on your mental and emotional health, and self-esteem.

Molly98

Daily express just trying to compete with Daily Mail and the Sun for Shit Rag of the year.

QMUL really scraping the barrel when need Daily Express to promote their failed GET SET trial and CBT and GET.

This weekend it will be a 6 page spread interview and photo shot of #GETSETJULIE and how GET SET cured her ME but she has been left with an unhealthy crush on her therapist who she just feels she can't live without.

Demepivo

Dolores Abernathy
Today's Daily Express cover

daily express.jpg

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
However, as CFS/ME becomes more understood and more widely studied, better diagnosis and more effective treatment options are becoming available for sufferers.

Forgive me, but I thought that as CFS/ME becomes more widely understood and more widely studied, new studies by Queen Mary University of London are quickly recognised for the pile of steaming horse shit that they are.