• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

D-Ribose with Magnesium - makes me tired, and here could be the rerason...?

Bansaw

I have D-Ribose and D-Ribose Corvalen (with Malic and MAgnesium).
I am finding that after four days of D-Ribose Carvalen I am feeling tired. I put this down to the possible reason that Magnesium is making me tired and messing with my salt levels. I just took some salt water and that gave me a real boost.
Do you think its the magnesium?
And, what should I be looking out for when taking D-Ribose? Does it deplete anything?

halcyon

Oh right, I forgot Corvalen had other stuff in it. You mentioned you have plain d-ribose as well, have you tried just taking that to see if you have the same effect?

Also, what dose are you taking of the Corvalen?

halcyon

Yeah you might want to drop back to 3g two to three times a day and see if that helps. d-ribose can cause an increase in blood sugar so I believe it's similar to how sugar can make you tired as well.

Bansaw

I have cut it out for the moment while I recover. I might try to reintroduce it at a lower dose and with meals in the future. I might take it just before or just after exercise. When I take it it does give me a discernible boost but tiredness sets in 1 hr afterwards.