• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

D-Mannose - Kills gut bugs?

sregan

Lately I tried D-Mannose to help with a urinary nightime issue. It didn't seem to help that but I noticed my GI output was much improved (without getting descriptive). Have tested with it here and there and notice an improvement even from a single dose.

Has anyone else used this stuff? Any similar results?

sregan

"D-mannose is absorbed within the upper portion of the gastrointestinal tract. As a result, it never gets anywhere near the intestines. Therefore, it does not disturb the normal, healthy growth of bacteria in that area."

sregan

"In a recent discussion with my doctor we were talking about ways to treat my intestinal Candida/yeast overgrowth without producing "die-off" symptoms which for me are all brain/CNS-related and are totally excruciating and unbearable after only a week of treatment with antifungals.

My doctor said she had been speaking with a gastroenterologist who had said that D-mannose (readily available as a supplement) could "unstick" Candida/yeast cells from the wall of the intestine without damaging them. They would then be expelled with bowel movements and no toxins would be released as they would with typical antifungals which punch holes in the cells or dissolve them etc.

D-Mannose is well known to be effective against E.coli in this way but I have not found any research suggesting it would do the same for Candida/yeast. Anyone heard of this before?"

from: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?23156-D-Mannose-Side-Effects