• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cytokines in neuroborreliosis

duncan

Yeah, and for a while there was talk about using CXCL13 as a potential Lyme marker in CSF results of patients. But that got more or less squelched.

Recent cytokine exercises are usually restricted to acute cases when talking about Lyme, NB cases included, with the exception of Steere's efforts for refractory Lyme arthritis.

As far as I know, there is only one NIH-sponsored study looking at markers in chronic Lyme (NB or otherwise) or post-treatment Lyme. That study has been around for over 20 years. And I don't believe they are interested in generating any sort of cytokine profile. All they are doing is repeating the normal ELISA and WB labs.

Any window the Natelson/Coyle/Shuster CSF study may have opened slammed shut pretty quick.

msf

Yeah, it would have been interesting to see how they compared with the Lipkin study.