• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cytokine syndrome treatment

svetoslav80

Have you guys read this article in wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_release_syndrome ? Could this be causing my symptoms (I don't have fevers btw)? Or yours? Seems this condition is acute but could it be chronic too? Have someone tried the treatment for this condition (low dose OKT3)? I'm very interested but as I understand this is a dangerous drug and I'm sure noone will sell it to me, not to talk that no doctor will agree to make me injections. So, someone has experience or know something ... ?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
could be, i think this is what alot of people have when they refer to a die off when use antibiotics or antivirals as they lower the work load of the immune system and it begins to work again clearing other infections etc Although cortisol treatments that are recommended are hit and miss for alot of cfs people. If u find an anti-inflammatory that works for this, let everyone know.

cheers!!!

Andrew

Thanks for posting this. I had not read this, but for a long time I've been wondering about this. I have that very unwell feeling all the time, and my cytokine tests were 300% of the top range of normal. But I gave up pursuing this because my doctor said it's normal to be 300% of the top range of normal. Go figure.

But I wonder if there is even a treatment for this, other than the preventive models.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks for posting this. I had not read this, but for a long time I've been wondering about this. I have that very unwell feeling all the time, and my cytokine tests were 300% of the top range of normal. But I gave up pursuing this because my doctor said it's normal to be 300% of the top range of normal. Go figure.

But I wonder if there is even a treatment for this, other than the preventive models.

LDN seems to lower inflammatory cytokines. I didn't have a before and after test, but only the after and then only IL 8 was slightly high. This us unusual for ME patients. This was true for another patient on LDN also.

Best,
Sushi

Andrew

I was looking around for information and ran into some interesting comments. Apparently inflammatory illnesses produce depression. Also, cytokine injections for immunity treatment increase depression in many patients. And when the treatment is stopped, so does the depression. IOW, the presence of depression in CFS patients could be caused by increased cytokines.