• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cyrex Assay #5 Autoimmune Results

drob31

Just wanted to update this thread. It's funny, google search pulled up this thread on PE.

I did see Dr. Michelle Petri for Hughes Syndrome (APA) back in April. Since then I've realized all of my symptoms fall under hypothyroidism and not antiphospholipid syndrome. Dr. Petri said I didn't have it, and I did 2 more tests for it, conventional tests, which were all negative. Although she suggested it was more like undifferentiated connective tissue disease... to me UDCT and hypothyroidism could be identical, and none of my labs came back positive for any autoimmune antibodies.

Therefore my issues are HPA-axis dysfunction leading to hypothyroidism. Pregenelone was the first thing that really helped. I may need to revisit thyroid hormone in some capacity...