• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cymbalta

SOC

what about taking the coQ10 in the evening? can that keep one awake? i have heard different things, and since i can have sleep issues anyway, it is hard to know. thanks for the info!
Everything I've heard says take it in the morning, definitely before noon as it will keep you awake. YMMV

cb2

Hi I got the ubiquinol yesterday. 200 mg, I took three . I did some exercise yesterday and this morning I woke up feeling pretty good . I also started a tiny dose of Sam – E . I think I read somewhere that the ubiquinol needs to be taken with facts does it matter how it's taken for the best absorption ?
Today the CoQ10 is to arrive. Is there a thread on this form about taking these or anything else special I should know ,? I'm not sure if it's the ubiquinol that help me to feel better maybe I was really depleted or maybe just a coincidence but I woke up feeling really good.
Thank you

SOC

I think I read somewhere that the ubiquinol needs to be taken with facts does it matter how it's taken for the best absorption ?
I believe that's correct. The best brands (imo) come in an oil-filled capsule so you get the fat along with the ubiquinol.

cb2

I seem to be having a reaction with the ubiquinol, noticing diarrhea and when I skip a day it doesn't happen. Guess I should've gotten smaller dose. Never imagined this.

SOC

I seem to be having a reaction with the ubiquinol, noticing diarrhea and when I skip a day it doesn't happen. Guess I should've gotten smaller dose. Never imagined this.
Some people don't tolerate CoQ10. No idea why some do and some don't. When you have ME/CFS, it's always good to start low and increase slowly. 600 mg of ubiquinol is a pretty high dose. That's 1800 mg ubiquinone equivalent. You might want to try backing down to around 100 mg ubiquinone equivalent and work up, assuming your body handles even the small dose. I'm not sensitive to meds and supplements and I wouldn't start at that high a dose. I worked up to it, starting at normal doses and increasing as long as I tolerated it.

cb2

thank you @SOC I was taking 200mg of the purtian pride coq10 and never noticed anything..so i thought i was good to go! ha! I jumped in with both feet.. i think you are right i can start of slower ... only i can't break these down since they are gel caps.. so i will return the ubiquionol (it will be good to get the money back anyway for now) and try the ubiquinone, they are 400mg. i will give it a day and see how it goes..if i have reaction then i have to send that back as well and get the 100mg. thanks for your ideas and your time!