• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cutrler protocol with MCP

I recently did my first round of frequent dose chelation with modified citrus pectin in addition to the usual DMSA/ALA combo. What inspired me was this mans comment in this video: Fighting Cancer Metastasis & Heavy Metal Toxicities with Modified Citrus Pectin- Isaac Eliaz.

I dosed with 100mg of DMSA and <100mg of ALA as I did on the previous 2 rounds but I added 3g of MCP and took it according to the half life(5-6 hours) every 5 hours. It meant I was up more throughout the night which is why I stopped after 3 nights instead of continuing to day 4 as I did the last couple of times. In the end I did the last dose around the 88 hour mark. I really wanted to do a fourth day to test the mans claim because I remember feeling the effect of chelation(tired to say the least) on the day 4 and maybe day 3 last time. The time before that was a hard round, I'm not sure why, maybe I didn't take enough zinc and anti-oxidants throughout.

It might be too early to say but I think MCP does help you avoid side effects.

Next I'm finishing what DMSA I have left then I'm going to chelate with MCP alone and maybe add ALA. MCPs half life makes it idea for mopping up what ALA modilises, leaving enough of the chelator in the system the day after to prevent redistribution.

Appearently its better for your immune system than medicinal mushrooms so if that reduces cytocines while chelating its probably another reason for reduced side effects. The other being than it bond strongly to metals, stronger than DMSA which I've heard drops-picks-up-drops-picks-up ect. It chelates several nasty metals and doesn't touch the good ones. It doesn't cause cytotoxicity either.

If your chelating, why not give it a try and tell me how you find it.

Attachments

• chelating-agent-summary.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 15
Last month, I did a round with it for about 88 hours. I did it with <100mg ALA, 100mg DMSA and 3g of MCP. The half life of MCP is 5-6 hours so I took it seperatly, which had me not only getting up during the night for DMSA/ALA but also at seperate times for MCP. At least I wasn't having sleep difficulties as I am at the moment because of this sniffle I got after a MCP only round and a bottle of alcohol - I consider it part of the hangover but doing the round a month ago I could sleep, just not for very long between doses.

In the end I think it was an fairly easy round, I vaguely recall having that sense of having made progress afterward it.

I did the last 2 rounds(both were 145 and 168 hours) with 3g of MCP and it does seem rather easy to tolerate - its about 18 months since I took DMSA alone but I'd say MCP is easier on the system.

I'll be using MCP alone for a while and I don't have any mixed rounds planned right now. Although I think there is a difference when its used. Looking forward to reading about other peoples experiences.