• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Currently ill on valtrex - thinking of switching to famvir.

Valentijn

After 2 1/2 years of trying exercise over and over and fatigue becomes part of daily life you realize that its causing more harm than benefit. You are tired all the time after getting exercise You feel great working out, and are depressed the next day. I don't care anymore. I decided to drop it not because I can't, but I realized its pointless.
Even if there is deconditioning, things will probably improve pretty quickly and with little effort once you're doing better. When I have had brief remissions, I had a day of mild soreness (which felt great!) and that was it - it was suddenly easy to do much more than usual. No long and difficult struggle to gain additional strength, etc etc.

I've had a similar (though milder) sustained effect since starting Yohimbe. Suddenly walking up and down the stairs is just easier. I don't do it any more frequently than before, and I didn't have to train up to it. I just got a slightly better handle on my symptoms and the changes came like I'd just flipped a switch.

So I think it's best to listen to your body, and ignore the "deconditioning" psychobabble. Deconditioning has such a minor impact and is so quickly rectified when health improves that it's not worth worrying about it. You're not giving up on your health - you're doing what's smarter for your health at this point in time.

Yeah. I read mixed reviews about IV antibiotics in terms of length of time it takes to recover, but its the only option at the moment. Hopefully I see improvement once I start them.

I also saw a documentary on you-tube "Under our skin." It's very accurate about our medical community.

If anyone had experience with Lyme disease and IV antibiotics I want to hear your experience?