• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cravings when fatigued

sissypop

Yep. Notice a big difference in appetite and feeling worse. I've steadily felt worse since December and have gained 15 pounds since then. It seems I'm always starving now. Very frustrating.

ChrisD

My appetite is quite big but it is huge when I am fatigued, I find I can usually eat twice what friends and family are eating i.e. always going back for seconds.... I feel like body just uses energy so quickly for recovery or perhaps the energy is just not produced at all

NelliePledge

I feel worse in the morning all the time although on my good days I'm ok in the afternoons. A part of that is feeling nauseous and I really can't face eating anything until after 11am often later than that say 1-2pm. I do get into grazing in evenings sometimes but cravings have definitely dropped back a lot 75% or more since I went low carb in May this year. I am one of the older milder gradual onset people although I have had a lot of viral infections during my gradual onset. I am also significantly overweight with hypertension and raised blood sugar but not high enough to be T2D yet. I would say to anyone who is on the overwieight side give low carb a try I've lost 9kg almost 1 1/2 stone over the summer and have got used to it pretty easily. I have nuts cheese olives as snacks all high fat but I seem to be ok with much smaller amounts whereas if I snacked on high carb high fat like crisps bicuits ice cream a whole pack would be polished off in one go.

If I have PEM it is a worse version of my usual feeling bad in the morning I would tend to eat little during the whole day maybe have a meal in the evening definitely eat less overall if I have PEM flu type symptoms Obviously my body has a lot of energy reserves available to use when it can manage to do so. I definitely think my leptin and ghrelin have been messed up by me. Low carb is gradually improving my ability to feel full which has been an issue for several years.

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
didn't read the thread but food, fried, sweet, tasty (not that i will remember it well) is what i crave. Doesn't happen though, even harder to make any and can't afford to get any delivered and i live alone without family support.