• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crash causing nerve pain?

Strawberry

I've had PEM for over a week due to pushing too much lately. But this is weird. My "sick" is usually on one side of my head. Either my "non existent tonsil" or another nearby neck gland, my ear, teeth, cheek bone, and sometimes eye hurts. I did a search and rash free shingles matches exactly. But when I wake up in the morning, I feel fine. (crash is subsiding a little so I am no longer waking up sick). I start to get sick mid day, and by the evening I can barely stand to have my back teeth touch together.

I've been to the Dr several times with this, thinking it was strep or sinus infection (or dental), and he just sends me home as he can't find anything wrong. So now I assume nerve pain. But can shingles pain go away over night? That doesn't sound right. What could this be?

student

latest theorie – goes like: only this verry first – and long pay off phase in the PEM modus. That alone takes 3 to 4.5 days in Energie -pay back mod. (Just think- that you start of good – and felt normal) Though you have 1 third of the normal power.

ATP – fundamental energie substrat is missing. (See - Hip in 29.okt # 64 post)

(Can HIP explain again why and how AMP is dumped into the urine?)
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/mitochondrial-and-energy-metabolism-dysfunction-in-me-cfs-%E2%80%94-myhill-booth-and-mclaren-howard-papers.47488/page-4

This is explained in the first post of this thread, in the "Theory of PEM" section.

taniaaust1

Strawberry, I was confused by the other post too.

I used to get one sided head pain with this along with one sided gland pain and one sided ear pain when I crashed. In my case as far as Im aware Ive never had chickenpox (all my sisters got it but I didnt). With my ME eye pain though, that was always in both eyes.

Even now if i get ear pain or gland pain with a ME worsening situation.. usually just on one side.

Strawberry

@taniaaust1 Have you ever had a Dr tell you what is causing yours? I was told it was not infection, and not dental issues, which is why I was thinking nerve pain or possibly shingles.

Amazing that you never had chicken pox. Lucky!

taniaaust1

@taniaaust1 Have you ever had a Dr tell you what is causing yours? I was told it was not infection, and not dental issues, which is why I was thinking nerve pain or possibly shingles.

Amazing that you never had chicken pox. Lucky!

Ive never actually brought those symptoms up to the dr.. as I've always been trying to deal with other major symptoms or just havent been able to get to a dr.

I also once had fairly bad bells palsy on one side of my face which I would of loved to have been able to get to a dr at time for him to see (I was in a quite bad ME crash when that occured)

taniaaust1

The Bell's Palsy was quite a while ago I had it but I cant remember actually feeling a lot with it, I either felt nothing on that side of my face or it just felt a just a little strange. I didnt really realise I had anything wrong till I'd seen myself in mirror and saw my face had like dropped on one side (eye/mouth) so that was a shock to see and from there it got a bit worst with how I looked. I recovered from it fairly fast.. (cant remember now but it may of been only 4-5 days. I was better I know before the end of the week)