• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crackling sound.

Fuzzyhead

I have been to see the doctor 3 times in the last few weeks about feeling like i can't get a full breath, nausea, night sweats etc and he said i have acid reflux/gerd. He checked my lungs and oxygen levels and done lots of bloods which were all ok. He game me anti acid tablets. In bed at night i hear a crackling sound with each breath. I am worried it's my lungs.

halcyon

If you're still worried about your lungs and can't get past it, maybe you can ask for a chest x-ray to put your mind at ease?

All of the symptoms you listed are pretty much par for the course with ME. Just about anybody you ask here will tell you they have or have had shortness of breath, with normal O2 sats. One of my theories is bronchoconstriction due to excess prostaglandins.

Be careful with any acid reducing drugs. There is some belief that reflux can just as easily be caused by low stomach acid.

Iquitos

"Walking" pneumonia is one reason for that crackling sound. In the past I've had that 2-3 times a year, before I started using doxy and acyclovir for an "immune system." Haven't had pneumonia since I started acyclovir.