• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could ultraviolet light kill retroviruses (xmrv) in the blood of a live human?

jenbooks

No. First of all what you are doing is applying UV light directly to a portion of the blood and damaging it. You could increase the risk of cancer. You also initiate a repair response when you put that blood back into the body. That is how it works. You certainly do NOT kill viruses directly. Secondly, if it were retroviruses, they integrate into DNA in many tissues and cells. So that would totally not work.

Se

kday

Take therapies done by so-called "quacks", make a giant machine that looks official that does the same thing in an automated fashion, get the device approved by the FDA, profit!

The machine is big enough and looks westernized enough that I actually think this therapy may get approved. If I had money, perhaps I would invest in it.

jenbooks

rolls eyes.
It may help with secondary infections that are in the blood.
I wouldn't irradiate *my* blood.