• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cort's blog: Inflammation & ME/CFS (interesting stuff on the research of Mark Davis of OMF)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Prof. Mark Davis is another of the many scientific geniuses on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Open Medicine Foundation (Ron Davis is its head) - and the OMF fund Ron's work, of course.

Some very interesting stuff about what Mark Davis is up to in Cort's blog:

Cort said:
[Mark] Davis’s Institute for Immunity, Transplantation and Infection is spitting out interesting findings like there’s no tomorrow. Coffee drinkers and dark chocolate lovers were recently pleased to learn that metabolites associated with caffeine and dark chocolate were associated with increased longevity and reduced inflammation. In fact, incubating cells with these metabolites shut off their inflammatory response.

A 2015 study overturned decades of perceived wisdom that self-attacking or auto-reactive lymphocytes are mostly weeded out early in childhood. (They’re actually very common in adults.) Davis upended another pillar of orthodoxy when he determined that environment – the microbes, toxins, foods, etc. that we encounter – have far more of an impact on our immune system than our genes. Davis found, for instance, that a single cytomegalovirus infection causes stunningly large and permanent changes to our immune systems.

Davis is bold enough to want to replace all mouse research forever (“Free the mice!”) with a human based approach using immune modeling. In 2015 the Bill Gates foundation gave him $50 million to figure out how to build more effective vaccines. Lastly and most importantly for us, Davis is one of the luminaries sitting on the Open Medicine Foundation’s Scientific Board. A friend of Ron Davis, I met him at the Davis’ Palo Alto fundraiser a year or so ago. (He said when Ron Davis asks you to do something, you do it).

Davis may have come up with the best test yet for inflammation – an apt subject for ME/CFS and FM patients. In fact this test sounds like it was made for people with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia...

Full article:

http://simmaronresearch.com/2017/02...ronic-fatigue-syndrome-mitochondrial-musings/

Freeing the mice would be good!