Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Considering transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by clairesam, Nov 9, 2018.

1. clairesam

clairesam

Hi, I was approved by my insurance for 9 weeks of deep TMS. I've had depression all my life, and CFS / ME about 8 - 10 years. I'm currently not able to work due to fatigue, and cannot stand for more than 10 minutes due to muscle weakness.

TMS is supposed to work well for depression, and I found a study showing deep TMS even changed the gut bacteria and improved hormonal status and BMI. This is another problem I have -- overweight and hormonal imbalances.

However, I fear the stimulation of TMS might be too much for someone with CFS. I also know studies can be manipulated and presented in misleading ways. I've talked to people online who swear they've had loss of cognition and memory, worse anxiety, and even worse depression after TMS. I'm not 100% sure it's good for the brain.

Any experience from CFS-ers, or any knowledge to share? Thank you.

Dakota15 and perrier like this.
  2. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

Keep in mind that what works well for one ME patient may not work well for another. That's just how ME seems to work. :bang-head:

Still, it would be good to hear from people that had TMS and had an effect from it, good or bad (or: 'Waste of money.').

3. Dakota15

Dakota15 Senior Member

Midwest, USA
    I would be curious to hear of other experience's as well with TMS, if any have tried on PR

4. joanierav

joanierav

i read good things about it. also that it was being used for cfs and fibromyalgia. i looked into it, but i had to travel too far for it. i would definately try it. and good luck.

joanie

5. ruben

ruben

suffolk
    Anyone know of practitioners that do this in the UK.

See more popular forum discussions.