• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Congressional Advocacy Push -- Can you help?

Mary

Moderator Resource
Agreed. If you really want to make an impact and you CAN call, it seems to be more effective / more likely to get a response.

Actually, I think both e-mailing AND calling are best. e.g., I called and e-mailed last Friday, received no response, forgot about it until today, so I called again today and left another message with another aide, and re-sent the e-mail to the legislative aide (I think my phone call alerted him to look for the e-mail), and the legislative aide responded to my e-mail and thanked me for following up, and said he will get back to me.

The big news is, he said in his e-mail that the deadline is extended for a week --

JaimeS

I saw the massive email about it, now! (Whew!) We'll get a few more, now, I think...

I also made a plain text version of the email blast. Hopefully that'll make it easier on newcomers:

Great news, everyone!

The deadline for your Representatives' signature has officially been extended to Wed, 9/7! Please continue to call or email your Representative daily, and share this action with family and friends!

There's time for one, last push: can you help us get an impressive number of signatures?

Reminder: instructions for this action are linked here:

http://www.meaction.net/…/u…/2016/08/Script-and-How-To-1.pdf

Plain text for email: http://bit.ly/2c6xsA3

Thank you for your advocacy and for making a difference!!!

MEPatient345

We're up to 25 signatures!! If you haven't yet, please take the time to email and then call the health legislative aide for your House Rep and ask them to sign on. Esp if your Rep is a republican as there are no Republicans signed yet!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
We're up to 25 signatures!! If you haven't yet, please take the time to email and then call the health legislative aide for your House Rep and ask them to sign on. Esp if your Rep is a republican as there are no Republicans signed yet!
Thanks for the update!

MEPatient345

URGENT: If you live in Arizona, or have friends or family there, we need your help in these zip codes for our Congressional push!

We are close to getting Rep. Martha McSally to sign, but need more constituents to put the pressure on. She could be the catalyst to secure signatures from 10 other Republican Representatives.

Contact her Legislative Director Pace McMullan at:
(202) 225-2542
Pace.McMullan@mail.house.gov

Use this script:
http://www.meaction.net/…/u…/2016/08/Script-and-How-To-1.pdf
Plain text for email: http://bit.ly/2c6xsA3

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4

MEPatient345

Sharing this message for patients in Arizona, or who have friends and family there to take part in the congressional push:

We have major support from the Republican Party, but McSally is a lynchpin for ME efforts in the House of Representatives. Even if you've already called, PLEASE CALL AGAIN to McSally's office at (202) 225-2542. Ask the receptionist, "What is the status of Congresswoman McSally's support for the Lofgren-Eshoo letter on ME/CFS? I urge her to sign." If you get her voice mail, just leave your name with that message on the recording. You can also email Pace.McMullan@mail.house.gov. THANK YOU!!!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
I wish I knew someone who lived in Arizona but I can't think of anyone.

Meanwhile, I've attached a new fact sheet by SolveCFS that was sent out via email. (PDF format) It's another tool that can be used when contacting your representative.

I would just post the link to this PDF but I have no idea where this can be found on the Solve CFS website (really don't like that website, I have so much trouble finding anything there even with google search!).

Attachments

• SMCI Flier - MECFS Fact Sheet.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 7

Mary

Moderator Resource
I just got word from my congressman's legislative health aide - Rep. Steve Knight (CA 25th district) is going to sign! :thumbsup:

I had to follow up on this a couple of times, including this morning. The aide asked me a question about responses to the NIH working group RFI, and luckily I was able to answer him :)D) - I gave him an NIH link which had links to the RFI responses.