• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complex Chronic Disease Program (CCDP) Patient Engagement Findings

Ember

upload_2017-11-19_18-1-1.jpeg

For me, CCDP support in terms of counselling, nutrition (no referral), info, etc. was hugely disappointing. But I appreciated the medical attention. Initially, I was taken to be a responder to immunovir; later I was started on iron supplements and LDN. Then I was discharged, despite a notation concerning my nutritional needs. Overall, I experienced no improvement in my health status, and my advocacy efforts came to naught. I wasn’t well enough to attend the World Cafe event.

Edited to add: Perhaps I should acknowledge too the disability paperwork provided by my CCDP treating physician. I’ve received a disability tax credit as well as a parking permit as a result.

Last edited: