• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Community Symposium on molecular basis of MECFS! DISCUSSION THREAD!

Started out on LiveStream, switched to the YouTube app on my AppleTV so I can watch on big screen and connect my headphones via Bluetooth.

dancer

Dr. Naviaux shared about his research in the cell danger response. I was going to post highlights, but got distracted because my 20-month-old grandson was on my lap, and kept pointing to the screen saying, "Sing!" He assumed that if someone was on the screen he should be singing. My son said, "I think every scientific conference should include singing." LOL!

ash0787

could the first speaker elaborate on what he means by nutritional as a means of treatment ? everyones diet is different.

waiting

Does anyone recall the email address shown on at the start of the symposium for questions?
Thanks.

Chris Armstrong noted Clostridia as one of the fecal markers. My clostridia was incredibly high on my Genova ION test.

Edit: to clarify, he mentioned it while discussing the statistical results.

Rrrr

just made it to a cafe that has better internet than home. so i missed everything prior to this. ugh!

can anyone tell me if naviaux said anything about possible treatments that we can access now (herbs, supplements?)?

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
just made it to a cafe that has better internet than home. so i missed everything prior to this. ugh!

can anyone tell me if naviaux said anything about possible treatments that we can access now (herbs, supplements?)?

Paraphrasing very loosely:

Remove existing factor maintaining CDR (if present)

Replenish nutritional deficits

Reverse CDR/turn the healing response back on.

Talks of Suramin.

B