• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Common & unique associated factors for medically unexplained chronic widespread pain & chronic fatig

RogerBlack

Is it only people on PR (or those who have been ill for some time) who realise what a huge impact this might make on the status quo?

I think it's way too indirect.
PACE is utterly meaningless.

It matters only in that it is still cited, and influencing policy.
Only those that have dug into how policy is set will understand this, otherwise why would they care about a decade old study, when if they know anything about research, they'll probably be more focussed on the new bio papers.

Campaigns like this need simple messages - I question how possible it is to simply educate over this issue.

Last edited:

barbc56

How do they define abuse?

No more wire hangers? :lol:

*I'm not trying to diss those who have suffered abuse. Also the book was primarily made up.