• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colostrum

Any thoughts on this company's product and healing the gut with colostrum? I had Fibro dx'd which has progressed into severe neuro lyme/ Ms type systems. Neuro's are telling me it's CFS not MS!

Anway looking for suggestions-

http://www.shaunamclean.com/

Article in women's day last year. This woman says taking the colostrum product reversed her MS in one year and now she is dancing!

See link on her webpage to products. The fact it was featured in Women's days and her videos seem very sincere leads me believe it is true.

Has anyone used these products? They seem very expensive.

DavidJ.

dear herbqueen,

i have a lot of experience with colostrum.these linked products are very very overpriced.do not buy them...

i mainly bought mine from sports supplement companies and as capsules. i felt good with one supplement, then switched to a cheaper one at one time and had some side effects like nervousness, restlessness etc. i later found out that there were often traces of guarana and chemical stimulants found in their products. they produce hundreds of products and sometimes they use questionable substances for bodybuilders , so i would stay away from these companies ( the product i am talking about is called colostrum 800)

the best way to get a lot of colostrum is to use powder. it is also safer.
3 oz from "now foods " are about 11 dollars.
21 oz from symbiotics can be found for around 60 dollars. if you are in the uk, find cheap powder at www.myprotein.co.uk
if you need more, like a kilo and you live in the us or canada i have found very cheap sources. 1 kilo for 50 dollars if i remember correctly. pm me and i can send you the addresses...

gu3vara

I guess the million dollar question is - any benefits?

Been taking it for a week and half now , about 4 grams a day in two doses, seems to worsen my eczema (old patches that resolved over time), sometimes have a bit of a sore throat (unusual to me), feeling weaker than usual and passing some mucus like stuff in stools. I feel like I could sleep forever, a call for healing maybe. Sounds like die-off to me, I'll continue taking it, it's trying to do something, don't know if I'll improve in the long run, but I don't care feeling a worse for some times if it's die-off.

I think it can only do me good, it's great for repairing the gut and i hope it will improve my autoimmune thyroiditis.

DavidJ.

good luck with that, keep us posted. it didnt do too much for me, but i didnt have any gut issues anyway. but everyone is different and its worth a shot...

gu3vara

Yeah, I don't know if it will do anything to CFS, but I'm hoping it could calm the autoimmune response that kills my thyroid and help with food absorption, which is poor in my case now.

How much were you taking? I plan to take 8 grams a day, I'm building up slowly, taking 4 grams atm.

I'll keep you posted

DavidJ.

oh i didnt even take 4 grams , i thought it would be too much as the normal recommendations are much lower. however, i dont think there will be any problems with taking more though, as long as you dont have a powder thats overpriced.

gu3vara

I read somewhere that I should 8 grams for optimal results and there is no risk of overdosing. I'm getting a sore throat for the first time since I'm ill (5 years now), so I guess I should be happy, seems like it's killing stuff.

I'm buying it on iherb, paying 60$ for a 1 pound 6 oz container. So it should last about three months on high doses, not bad for the price. I plan on adding more lactoferrin to the mix once I reach the full dose (already present in colostrum but not in optimal proportion). Someone I know got good results after a couple months of this regimen (taking 3 grams of colostrum and a lactoferrin supplement).

I have a good feeling on this one.

cigana

Hi,

I have been taking colostrum for a week now and I am also feeling more tired than usual and I need to lie down more often. I started it because it has been known to heal leaky gut:

http://gut.bmj.com/content/44/5/653.abstract

It would be good to hear from gu3vara on how he fared.

Cheers,

Cig

leaves

yes I was also thinking about this... and this other thing..whatsitcalled..ehh..LACTOFERRIN I think.
Interested in hearing your experiences

cigana

Hi leaves,

Colostrum didn't seem to do anything significant for me...

Cheers,

Mark

leaves

Update: tried this colostrum for 2 weeks and more tired and aches etc, so i think ill stop.

i tried it twice for about a month. because in theory this natural immunstimulator should be very helpful.

unfortunately it didnt help me at all.

ukme

Two months in but no noticeable effects, however I never take that to mean it's not having a beneficial effect! Will continue with it for time being.