• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colostrum/Lactoferrin with Methylation Protocol

I was just hoping someone could educate me on this. I know that Colostrum and Lactoferrin are good immune boosting supplements. However, I've read that these are high folate receptors and that people should avoid them if they are trying to life the methylation block. Is this true? I'd like to be able to take them while also on the methylation protocol if possible.

Thanks

LisaGoddard

Hi, It is late in the UK so excuse this post. I tried to reply before but must have pressed the wrong button. I'm not sure about the llink between colostrum -lactoferrin and methylation, but they really benefited me. I was housebound and had to bed rest a lot, when I first tried colostrum and lactoferrin. After 2 weeks, I felt better than i had before the cfs! I was able to return to doing my phd fulltime. I didn't use them properly as I used a low dose continually and after about 5 years the effect wore off and I relapsed back.

So sorry this is not an answer to your question but I wanted to say that they really worked for me.
Kind regards,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa.

Yeah I want to take ImmunoPro RX and Colostrum while treating the methylation cycle. Does anybody else know if this is possible?

gu3vara

I don't know the answer to your question, but my intuition tells me why not.

Just be careful with colostrum, I took the full dose recommended on the container, 6 grams and 2 weeks later it totally overwhelmed my lymphatic system, my lymph nodes became badly congested and I really lived the worst days of my life. Funny thing is that I felt better for 3-4 months once the congestion resolved despite not taking colostrum anymore, far from perfect but better than right now, I think it had something to do with the colostrum. I'm honestly scared of trying again, even at a loser dose. Maybe I should, it's definitely doing a job my body can't.

Whatever you do, go very slowly ;)

dannybex

Just bumping for more replies. It was suggested to me that I try colostrum to help combat muscle loss. The practitioner I'm working with said the results for some of her patients have been 'amazing'. And she doesn't sell the stuff.

d.

snowathlete

im interested in this topic but i dont know that i can add much im afraid.

Im going to be trying methylation unblock and taking a whey protein supplement and i dont think there is any issue with that. I dont know about colustrum though, but its something on my radar that i figured i might try at some point.

richvank

Hi.

As far as I know, it would be O.K. to take colostrum and lactoferrin with the methylation treatments, but I would suggest taking them at different times than the supplements in the protocol, such as spaced by a couple of hours. That way, they should not interact in the gut, if this is indeed an issue.

Best regards,

Rich

Christopher

Hi, It is late in the UK so excuse this post. I tried to reply before but must have pressed the wrong button. I'm not sure about the llink between colostrum -lactoferrin and methylation, but they really benefited me. I was housebound and had to bed rest a lot, when I first tried colostrum and lactoferrin. After 2 weeks, I felt better than i had before the cfs! I was able to return to doing my phd fulltime. I didn't use them properly as I used a low dose continually and after about 5 years the effect wore off and I relapsed back.

So sorry this is not an answer to your question but I wanted to say that they really worked for me.
Kind regards,
Lisa
@LisaGoddard Are you supposed to pulse it?