• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colonics, Enemas and Coffee Enemas

slayadragon

My body continues to detoxify like mad. It's really astounding how toxic it has turned out to be, and even more astounding how I had no idea during the first dozen years of my illness that toxins were an issue for me at all.

My main health complaint at this point is that I feel really crappy all the time from detox. What I have found very recently, though, is that flushing out the stuff in my gut (with colonics, enemas or -- perhaps especially -- coffee enemas) is extremely helpful in making those symptoms go away.

Normal people who undergo aggressive detox regimens (such as fasting) often get colonics every day. This is considered to be a particularly important part of the treatment.

However, their detox tends to go on for only a week -- not years!

What would the downside of doing such treatments on a regular basis over an extended period of time be?

Are there things that I might do to minimize that downside?

Thanks much for your help.

Best, Lisa

aquariusgirl

You need to watch yr minerals, but on the gerson therapy, ppl are doing up to 6 coffee enemas a day ..I read recently.

are you doing yr own colonics or getting them done for you.

I just found you can buy the tubing to do yr own diy colonics.

Nielk

My body continues to detoxify like mad. It's really astounding how toxic it has turned out to be, and even more astounding how I had no idea during the first dozen years of my illness that toxins were an issue for me at all.

My main health complaint at this point is that I feel really crappy all the time from detox. What I have found very recently, though, is that flushing out the stuff in my gut (with colonics, enemas or -- perhaps especially -- coffee enemas) is extremely helpful in making those symptoms go away.

Normal people who undergo aggressive detox regimens (such as fasting) often get colonics every day. This is considered to be a particularly important part of the treatment.

However, their detox tends to go on for only a week -- not years!

What would the downside of doing such treatments on a regular basis over an extended period of time be?

Are there things that I might do to minimize that downside?

Thanks much for your help.

Best, Lisa

You have to make sure to take probiotics with it. (you probably know that already)
I have had experience with colonics with no adverse side effects. I only had it done about 5 times and stopped beacause it was too expensive to continue.

slayadragon

I've had colonics done, but there is supposed to be a diy method. An interesting concept. They are kind of expensive.

I do take probiotics. And lots of minerals. I've taken so much cholestyramine over the past few years that I'm really in need of them.

Today I had a thought about adding some colloidal silver to it. That would kill even more probiotics, but maybe it would be good for the bad bacteria? I can't believe that's not an issue.

Jenny

I had colonics about every 2 weeks for 9 months or so in the 1980s. After most of them I felt considerably better for a few days. I improved significantly over this time, but then reached a plateau so I stopped. I then started acupuncture and Chinese herbs and after a year or two had 12 years of virtual remission. The colonics may have kick started a recovery.

Jenny

Nielk

I had colonics about every 2 weeks for 9 months or so in the 1980s. After most of them I felt considerably better for a few days. I improved significantly over this time, but then reached a plateau so I stopped. I then started acupuncture and Chinese herbs and after a year or two had 12 years of virtual remission. The colonics may have kick started a recovery.

Jenny

Jenny,

Wow, that's amazing. Such a great result! How are you feeling now?

Jenny

Neilk - I've been going downhill for a few years - would have gone for more colonics but I've been too ill to get there. Been doing other treatments though, and have been improving over the last few months. (See my other posts on treatments.)

aquariusgirl - no I wouldn't want to do them myself. It seems to me to demand quite a lot of skill.

Jenny

lizw118

Are colonics better than coffee enemas? I have been considering trying a diy coffee enema.
Liz