• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cold sore outbreak while on Famvir?

Horizon

I have been on Famvir for a few months and today woke up with a cold sore on my upper lip. I am assuming it is a herpes related but not sure. Anyways, isn't that odd given I am on medication to prevent that?

Is this a good or bad sign or really nothing much to make of it?

Tammy

Yes it may seem odd but I've experienced the same taking herbal anti-virals and know others who have experienced the same also. I don't see it as a bad sign.

Horizon

Yes it may seem odd but I've experienced the same taking herbal anti-virals and know others who have experienced the same also. I don't see it as a bad sign.

I mean, certainly it can happen because these meds only try to prevent it but I wonder if it is a sign my body is fighting or if it means the med isnt really helping.

Tammy

I mean, certainly it can happen because these meds only try to prevent it but I wonder if it is a sign my body is fighting or if it means the med isnt really helping.
I see it as the body is fighting off virus. This happened to me when I first started anti-virals........but not anymore and I am better thanks to the anti-viral supplements.