• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cold-Fx and Immunity-Fx for Illness Prevention and Treatment

I haven't seen these supplements mentioned on this site so I thought I'd bring them to your attention. I have been using Cold-Fx for a couple of years now and Immunity-Fx for 6 months or so, and find them very helpful at preventing illnesses. Cold-Fx is the "official" cold remedy of the Canadian Hockey Association (I think). Anyway, it's made from a derivative of ginseng and enhances "the immune system's viral-fighting Natural Killer cells and macrophages". You can take it just for colds when you get them or you can take a maintenance dose over the long term, which is what I do, along with Immunity-Fx. They are both pricey, Cold-Fx runs me about $60/month, but I've found them very helpful in preventing illness and in shortening the length of illness when I do get sick. You can get them in small amounts in drugstores, and larger amounts on amazon.com.