• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

coincidence? just found out that my school teacher had ME/CFS

taniaaust1

Thou my states ME/CFS society I found out that someone in my town had ME/CFS and wanted to meet others so I rang her.

Anyway.. she came around for a hot cuppa today and to meet each other and I was blown away as it turned out to be my primary school teacher who apparently first got ME/CFS when teaching around the year or the year I actually had her as my primary school teacher. She was not well and teaching at the school while being crashed in bed, every weekend.

What a very weird coincidence.. or maybe its not a coincidence
(I have a theory that one can catch ME and have it lay like dormant in ones system for a very long time. I did have a couple of incidents as a child where my ME muscle symptom had suddenly manifested so have always suspected that i was infected with something from childhood).

Im just right now in like near shock as I cant believe the person who showed up was my primary school teacher of all people. (she didnt even know I still lived in the town as we hadnt seen each other for over 18 years)

oh lol.. i just noticed that ive posted this in lifestyle management instead of where it was meant to go. How did i do that..

Tristen

Thou my states ME/CFS society I found out that someone in my town had ME/CFS and wanted to meet others so I rang her.

Anyway.. she came around for a hot cuppa today and to meet each other and I was blown away as it turned out to be my primary school teacher who apparently first got ME/CFS when teaching around the year or the year I actually had her as my primary school teacher. She was not well and teaching at the school while being crashed in bed, every weekend.

What a very weird coincidence.. or maybe its not a coincidence
(I have a theory that one can catch ME and have it lay like dormant in ones system for a very long time. I did have a couple of incidents as a child where my ME muscle symptom had suddenly manifested so have always suspected that i was infected with something from childhood).

Im just right now in like near shock as I cant believe the person who showed up was my primary school teacher of all people. (she didnt even know I still lived in the town as we hadnt seen each other for over 18 years)

oh lol.. i just noticed that ive posted this in lifestyle management instead of where it was meant to go. How did i do that..

I'm glad you found some face to face support. It also sounds like a good opportunity to compare notes on many things, including possible causes (ie, others ill at that time, common infections or vaccines, etc).