• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cochrane Reviews' newish feedback section - an example of it in action

Dolphin

(Probably a minority interest at the moment but I thought I'd post it in case I forget and somebody else remembers)

Some people will be familiar with Cochrane reviews. They do systematic reviews of medical literature that hold a lot of weight/have a lot of status.

They have done three, that I know of, on CFS:

Cognitive behaviour therapy for chronic fatigue syndrome in adults

Exercise therapy for chronic fatigue syndrome

Traditional Chinese medicinal herbs for the treatment of idiopathic chronic fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome

Such reviews tend to get updated every so often as new evidence comes along. We're expecting a couple in the next year or two (the PACE Trial authors have referred to these upcoming publications).

Anyway, I heard somewhere that the Cochrane system now has a feedback mechanism. This could be a useful way to highlight criticisms of reviews, problems and gaps in the literature, etc. Somebody may have a link on this (the feedback mechanism).

Anyway, I've just come across an example of this in action.
It's from the review "Helmets for preventing head and facial injuries" http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001855/pdf
See pages 16-29.

I think that I already saw something like this in their CFS review(s), and a reference to PACE. I don't remember it being that interesting though.