• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cobat- homeopathic immune modulator?

Mary

Moderator Resource

Violeta

I just came across this today, it sounds very interesting though I have no idea if it is effective or not:

http://www.needs.com/product/HWC06-ISH-02/l_Chronic_Fatigue_Fibromyalgil

If it does what it says it does, it would be fantastic - but if wishes were horses, etc.....

I may try it anyways, though am very skeptical. I found a relatively cheap source, less than half the regular price: http://www.betterhealthinternationa...m_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=productads

Thanks, Mary. Please keep us posted on how it goes for you. I think I'll get some, too. Thanks for the link with the reduced price!

Mary

Moderator Resource

Thanks, Violeta - It looks interesting, but I notice they talk about people with "chronic fatigue", which of course is not CFS. However, I am really interested in its purported immunomodulatory properties, because immune dysfunction may be at the core of many (most? I don't know!) CFS symptoms. We will see! :)

I ordered it today - when ordering, I discovered that I had ordered something previously from Better Health International with no problem - and I actually returned the item (unopened) when I changed my mind with no problem - I always feel a little uneasy when ordering from a new place so was glad to discover this which I had forgotten about ...

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary found this version

https://www.pureformulas.com/taurox-high-potency-90-pellets-by-nutricology.html

Purefornulas has a great return policy too. They even pay for shipping.

I have returned opened products when I had an adverse event. Not sure of their current policy. The liquid you ordered is really expensive there.

Thanks, @minkeygirl. Actually, though, Pure Formulas seems to have 2 versions of the liquid - one costs twice as much as the other, though they appear to be the same thing. Free shipping is always nice! :cool:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Mary @Violeta I get a lot of stuff from Pureformulas. Their prices on a lot of things are better than iHerb or Vitacost and you can just get one thing and not have to pay shipping.

Free returns is awesome and they have a lot of stuff other places don't have.

Violeta

I started taking taurine this afternoon while waiting for my Taurox. I was feeling tired and it seemed to quickly relieve the fatigue. I might continue to take a material dose.

I was wondering what the second part of the Taurox complex, beta alanine is for, and found this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20479615

Interesting, it neutralizes acid build up from exercize in muscles.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I started taking taurine this afternoon while waiting for my Taurox. I was feeling tired and it seemed to quickly relieve the fatigue. I might continue to take a material dose.

I was wondering what the second part of the Taurox complex, beta alanine is for, and found this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20479615

Interesting, it neutralizes acid build up from exercize in muscles.

Thanks @Violeta - That's very interesting! That is how I came across Taurox - I was reading about beta alanine (though not that article). I actually bought some beta alanine a few weeks ago, I think it was recommended for PEM on this board, but then got a little nervous about taking it because of some negative review (though there are a lot more positive ones!) And somehow stumbled across taurox and thought that would be a safe way to go.

The article also says it "enhances" anaerobic threshold - I'm assuming raises it, so one doesn't fatigue so easily.

That's great the taurine helped your fatigue. I take 500 mg. a day and don't notice anything but it could be helping anyways - I take so much stuff it's sometimes hard to tell what is doing what (I do try to stay on top this, though it's sometimes hard! :confused:) Actually some people take it for sleep at night but I think it interfered with my sleep so I take it in the morning.

I may try the beta alanine after all. I test strong for it with muscle testing. And will do the taurox when it comes. Right now my immune system can use all the help it can get!

Violeta

I was wondering how you came across the taurox. And yes, I was reading at a body building forum that the beta alanine helps the muscles not fatigue so easily. I was wondering why that leg muscle fatigue would come and go, I had no way to figure it out. Some days, too, my arms get so heavy. Now I know I was probably eating or taking something that affects the one receptor that I might have something wrong with, the TRPV1, or vanilloid. I have been using vanilla, and it looks like brassica vegetables affect it, too. I am so sensitive to brassica vegetables.

The beta alanine alkalizes, too. Keeping the pH more alkaline will help a lot.

pH-sensitivity[[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=TRPM8&action=edit&section=5']edit]
In contrast to the TRPV1 (capsaicin) receptor, which is potentiated by low pH, acidic conditions were shown to inhibit the TRPM8 Ca2+response to menthol and icilin (an agonist of the menthol receptor). It is hypothesized the TRPV1 and TRPM8 receptors act together in response to inflammatory conditions: TRPV1, by proton action, increases the burning sensation of pain, while the acidity inhibits TRPM8 to block the more pleasant sensation of coolness in more dire instances of pain.[8[/URL]

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - I hate to say it but I have no idea what you're talking about re TRPV1 receptor - I don't know what that is or how you find out that you trouble with it. Is there a simple explanation? (my brain starts to spin when explanations get very complex! :eek:)

BTW, I finally took one of my beta alanine tablets this morning on an empty stomach with several amino acids I take - so far so good! :)

Violeta

Oh, yes, that's right, I was talking about the relationship of taurox and TRP channels at another group. I'll have to see if there's a short explanation somewhere.

I'm glad so far so good for you. You just never know, do you.

I wish I had some beta alanine to try, I see if pureformulas carries it.

I'm going to do an experiment when I get the beta alanine...see how many flights of stairs it takes to make my calves hurt.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - I was very careful today as I have an appt tomorrow so couldn't risk crashing - I want to see if the beta alanine increases my energy envelope, if I can do more before risking a crash, but will have to wait to test it. I only took one tablet, 1000 mg., may try 2 tomorrow.

Violeta

@Violeta - I was very careful today as I have an appt tomorrow so couldn't risk crashing - I want to see if the beta alanine increases my energy envelope, if I can do more before risking a crash, but will have to wait to test it. I only took one tablet, 1000 mg., may try 2 tomorrow.

I see some people who take beta alanine talking about getting a tingling feeling from it.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I see some people who take beta alanine talking about getting a tingling feeling from it.

I read about that, and didn't get that tingling. Maybe with a higher dose, I don't know - will see what happens when I take 2! (always an adventure with this DD, you never know what's going to happen next! :sluggish:)

Violeta

I received my Taurox today. I'm starting with two drops at a time. After the first two drops I got a lot of rumbling noise in my gut and then an ache in the joint of my right foot. On the second dose (and I should have waited for the joint pain to go away but didn't), the joint pain got worse. Interesting. I think I'll cut back to one drop at a time, and space it out a little bit more.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I received my Taurox today. I'm starting with two drops at a time. After the first two drops I got a lot of rumbling noise in my gut and then an ache in the joint of my right foot. On the second dose (and I should have waited for the joint pain to go away but didn't), the joint pain got worse. Interesting. I think I'll cut back to one drop at a time, and space it out a little bit more.

Hi @Violeta - I received mine yesterday and jumped right in with the full dose of 12 drops .... About 45 minutes later I got very sleepy and fell asleep for about an hour, which is unusual for me. So I did another dose today and did not get sleepy. I do self-muscle testing and it indicates that this stuff is very good for me - will see!

I'm sure it was smarter going slow like you did - but I don't seem to have the sensitivities that many on this board do. Has the joint in your right foot given you trouble before? Did your gut calm down? Don't you love being a guinea pig? :woot:

Violeta

Hi @Violeta - I received mine yesterday and jumped right in with the full dose of 12 drops .... About 45 minutes later I got very sleepy and fell asleep for about an hour, which is unusual for me. So I did another dose today and did not get sleepy. I do self-muscle testing and it indicates that this stuff is very good for me - will see!

I'm sure it was smarter going slow like you did - but I don't seem to have the sensitivities that many on this board do. Has the joint in your right foot given you trouble before? Did your gut calm down? Don't you love being a guinea pig? :woot:

Wow! Twelve drops! How are you today? I try to do muscle testing, but I'm not very good at it. it would really be helpful.

As for my gut, less gurgling but today I am feeling like I'm either going to vomit or get diarrhea! Or both!

I can't remember if that joint bothered me before when I went through a couple years of joint pain, I know I had pain in the same joint on the left foot, and a lot of other joints, but just not sure. It keeps coming and going???? I don't know.

Oh yes, it's fun to be a guinea pig. Life with ME/CFS is an experiment for sure.