• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CMV test results - interesting!

Daffodil

hi all. I have been getting tested for viruses now for a long, long time and CMV always came out as "non reactive", meaning I have never been exposed. this has always been in the case!

but now, at the lab KDM uses in Belgium, it shows high IgG!!! how is this even possible???

I have told every doctor I have not been exposed to this virus. Now I wonder if my first exposure was the "mono" that triggered the CFS in 1993!

this would make more sense, since the man I kissed was ill and was very promiscuous. he must have given me CMV at the time and no one tested for it...and the mono spot was positive which I think would happen with CMV too. I just figured he gave me EBV, which didn't make as much sense because he would have had EBV already for sure.

this is blowing my mind.

but the valcyte I took for years didn't help really....and neither did the vistide I tried for a short while...so I am not sure what to make of all this.

why on earth would IgG say non reactive for all these years and then suddenly become high positive?? I have not heard of this happening before.

wastwater

Ive been CMV negative then positive then negative again,which I think is imposible if you have it you have it.
My best guess is it was a false positive,maybe it was picking up something close,even possibly EBV.

shannah

I so wish that testing for some of these infections was more reliable.

Is he recommending a course of treatment for this Daff?

Daffodil

hi all. shannah ..no i have not asked him about this. i just got my results emailed but the redlabs stuff wont be ready for like 6 weeks so i will speak to him then. he will probably tell me to just do GcMAF. i dont think he prescribes antivirals much, if at all.

i just cannot believe i have never shown exposure before. i wonder if these results are even right. i am going to try and get an antibody test done here in canada, if they have it.

wast...you mean it actually went from non-reactive to reactive?

wastwater

Yes non reactive to reactive then back to non reactive.I think its a good idea to get another test,you may go back to CMV negative like me.I do still wonder could it have picked up Simian CMV

Last edited: