• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Circulatory Impairment in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: A Preliminary Thesis

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
http://www.meadvocacy.org/circulatory_impairment

excerpt:
Here is my proposal:
For many years, I have followed and collated research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), in particular on the circulatory impairment of which Dr. A. Melvin Ramsay spoke and of which there are many recently discovered facets. Despite lack of research on circulatory impairment in ME in the 1950's, Dr. A. Melvin Ramsay astutely observed it clinically as one of the three essential components of ME, noting pale, cold skin as a sign.

Sixty years later, the research behind these observations is now extensive, although some of that research was published under the name "CFS"; yet it applies to patients with ME or those with ME who are misdiagnosed with "CFS," itself a govt construct that, as noted above, has impeded consistent findings. My view is that "CFS" is a government construct. There are people with everything from MS to fibromyalgia to depression to ME who are diagnosed with "CFS." So there are not two separate diseases, ME and "CFS"; rather, those diagnosed with "CFS" have something else in need of diagnosis, whether ME or another disease. Much of the research on ME was done under the name "CFS."

I have spent 22 years studying circulatory impairment in ME by reading published research on its many facets, beginning over 20 years ago with Dr. L.O. Simpson's work on impaired capillary blood flow [1], the haematological/ hemorheological flow problems that impede delivery of oxygen and nutrients to organs and tissues and impede removal of lactic acid, toxins and metabolic waste due to poorly deformable Red Blood Cells...