• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Chronic" Pelvic Pain

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
So I have TPPS (T stands for Temporary ;)) and I wonder if anyone else has it and what could cause it. I am a male. It started with physical trauma BUT didnt get severe until I bathed once in very very cold water a year or so before the trauma. I got from only pained sometimes in sexual situations to very intensely in any situation, more so sexual. Eventually it tapered down, so much that nowadays it is between before and after the fatal bath.

The pain goes and comes, it is irregular, only arousal or pressing in the pelvis are known triggers. I have had times when eating something seemingly triggered an attack (once with cashews, other with eating out in a chinese) but who knows. I have this theory now that is has to do with low free testosterone (which I have) and high estrogen (which I have)...

By the way, I have studied profoundly my condition and it has to do with tensed muscles... what keeps them tensed or makes them tense more in flare ups is the question...